4/1/16

St. Louis Style Strawberry Shortcake

I put my desert in a bowl 

Wassup!  My aunt and her boys came to visit us.  We decided one night to have a nice dessert.  Since my aunt and cousins were visiting from St. Louis, Missouri, we decided to have Strawberry shortcake, St. Louis style!

The first lovely thing in Strawberry Shortcake is either Angel Food Cake or Pound Cake.  We decided to use Angel Food Cake, but I thought that it was a little too sweet.  I would have preferred to use Pound Cake, but both are very good.

The next thing in Strawberry Shortcake is sour cream.  You're probably thinking "Ew! That's disgusting!  Why would anyone do that?"  That's what I thought.  The sour cream is very good mixed with all of the other sweet ingredients.  It kind of counter acts all the sweet and makes it a little savory, which is always a good thing.

Third, I usually put some brown sugar, to make sure that there isn't to much savory, because this is still a dessert.

Last, I top the whole thing off with one more layer os sour cream, some whipped cream to cover up the sour cream, sliced or diced strawberries, and some brown sugar sprinkled on the top to finish it all off.

I really liked this desert.  Its really easy to make because you don't have to cook anything, unless you feel like making Angle Food Cake or Pound Cake, which is totally cool!  I'm going to rate this desert a 9/10, because I have tried other things that have tasted better!

Don't forget to comment below any new things you want to see me do with my blog!  You're opinion is what I care about, because these posts are for you, my viewers.




No comments:

Post a Comment