4/17/16

The Seventh Most Important Thing

*WARNING
This review contains spoilers.  If you have read the ooh, keep reading.  If not,  CLICK AWAY!


Yo Foodies!  Today I have decided to kick off the whole book review theme with The Seventh Most Important Thing by "Shelly Pearsall".  Ms. Pearsall released this book in early September of last year.  I had to read this book school, but it wasn't boring like Animal Farm by "George Orwell" or Tom Sawyer by "Mark Twain (These are both required books for the seventh grade Advanced English curriculum).  My language arts teacher really likes Ms. Pearsall's books and thought it would be a good idea for us to take a look at one, since Ms. Pearsall is coming to visit our school later in the school year.  I thought it was very interesting and I thought it would be a really magnificent book to start off this little series of posts.  

I thought this book had a very good plot.  It had interesting characters that helped move the story along.  The characters also added depth to the plot.  One of the reasons why I really liked it was because it had a very modern feel, even though it took place in the '60s.  The style of writing is very intelligent, and I love how the plot is very real.  The character of Mr. Hampton was also interesting,  and he was a very spiritual person.  It was based off a real man, but I can tell there are some elements of fiction.  The way that he describes his masterpiece to be The Throne of Third Heaven was eye opening.  He also had a very optimistic personality and he really turned everything into something better.  Mr. Hampton said that Arthur throwing a brick at him was saving him, and I know that I wouldn't have said that if someone injured me.

I really loved this book.  I would rate it an 8/10.  There are better books, but this one was very good and "spiritual" in a sense.  Definitely better than all over the other books I had to read for school.

Photos:

http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2015/08/01/styling-librarian-saturday-book-share-the-seventh-most-important-thing/


No comments:

Post a Comment