11/8/15

Mitchell's Pumpkin Patch Ice Cream Sundae

Last night my parents and younger brother went to a Styx concert.  Afterwards, they went to an ice cream parlor called Mitchell's that is unique to the city of Cleveland.  At Mitchell's, they get their milk from grass fed cows that are from a farm one hour away from their shops.  I was so jealous when they said they were getting ice cream without me.  Luckily, they brought me home a doggy bag.  They got me the Pumpkin Patch Sundae.

The Pumpkin Patch Sundae is Pumpkin Spice ice cream with whipped cream, roasted pecans, warm caramel, sprinkles shaped like fall leaves, and a nice cherry on top.  I loved the Pumpkin Spice ice cream. It tasted like cold pumpkin pie with nutmeg and cinnamon.  It literally tasted like fall melted in my mouth.  There was a LOT of caramel in the sundae.  The ice cream to caramel ratio could have had a little more ice cream, and that goes the same for the whipped cream.  The caramel was salted to perfection, and it wasn't overpowering.  The whipped cream wasn't as thick as I would have liked it, but then again, not everyone likes thick whipped cream.  I didn't eat the cherry because I don't really like candied cherries very much.  The pecans were probably my favorite part.  They were cut to the perfect size so that they weren't too big, plus they were roasted and salted.  Having the salt from the pecans in the sundae gave more dimension to the flavor and it really made the other flavors pop.  At the and when you begin to run out of ice cream and there's mainly just pecans left, the pecans begin to over power the other flavors.

Overall this was a very good sundae.  I would rate this dessert a 9/10.  I think I'll be going back for more. :)





Sources


Photos:

http://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/13-nearby-places-to-get-incredible-ice-cream/Slideshow?oid=3615103


5 comments:

  1. Great review! Did you know they have a test kitchen in Ohio City? This year, we tried East Coast Custard's pumpkin custard and it blew our minds! Maybe you could do an annual Battle of the Pumpkins? (I'm so glad that you are doing this! )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool and professional looking! So jealous that you have a gift with words. Anyway, I do have a suggestion for you to review. Grumpy's diner, which has very good breakfast and lunch foods, along with great service. Not to mention, there are paintings of scenes from Disney movies on the walls that you can buy. There would be a LOT to say about that place, so maybe try it? Good luck with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys for all your feedback. I'm glad you guys enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are making me hungry for ice cream

    ReplyDelete